These cute little whales are so easy that I made 10 in an evening in front of the telly. I bought the socks half price from Tesco too do they were cheap.
What you need:
A bag of stuffing
Baby socks (not too small)
Needle and thread
Googley eyes (I chose sew on ones to make sure they were secure) you could also use buttons.
1. First, stuff the sock fairly full so that you can just gather it at the end.
2. Sew in and out gathering the fabric together. You can put the needle through a few times at once as that just helps it to gather. Keep going until the neck of the sock is tightly bunched together.
3. Then sew from the bottom of the tail to the top in small stitches and once at the top go straight over and down the other side so that it gathers in the middle creating the fin shape.
4. After that, sew up the ends by over stitching them. At the corners do a few stitches horizontally to help give them a point.
5. Pinch a small section on the side of the whale and sew in a straight line. Don’t pinch too much or the fabric can end up pulled too tight across the body.
6. Sew the eyes on just above the smile shaped seam.
Enjoy your lovely whale.