This delicious and easy dinner is based on Jamie Oliver’s recipe with a few small tweaks.
See the original recipe here: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1397635/herb-roasted-new-potatoes
The main changes I made are:
- The removal of garlic (not kind to my stomach).
- The addition of more tomatoes and courgettes.
- White onion (mainly because I didn’t have red).
- An extra half tablespoon of oil (I used rapeseed as it’s more temperature stable than olive oil).
- A little extra balsamic vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- Dried thyme instead of fresh.
- 1 chopped up lime.
- Lots of cherry or large tomatoes (chop cherry in two or leave small ones whole and chop large ones into quarters).
- 1 large white onion
- 1/2 – 3/4 red pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 yellow pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 orange pepper
- 1 – 2 chopped up courgettes
- 6 chicken thighs , skin off, bone out
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lime
The method is so simple:
- Chop up all the veggies into chunks and chuck them into a roasting tin.
Quarter the onion and place that in too.
Add the chicken thighs and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
Add the oil, balsamic and soy sauce and stir well with a spoon until everything is well covered.
Chop the lime into quarters and squeeze over the top. Pop each quarter in the tray too.
If you have time pop it in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight.
Before roasting spread out so the chicken isn’t covered by the veggies and is flat rather than folded over.
Preheat oven to 180C and roast for an hour basting about every 15 minutes.
This can be served in many ways with salad, rice, pasta but our favourite way us with roasted new potatoes. This recipe is great: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1397635/herb-roasted-new-potatoes .
Tonight I tried roasted hassleback new potatoes